Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Oh look it's already Tuesday

Hello There! Was your Labor Day great?! WELL Today is back to the work grind for many! I started the day with my first official outdoor marathon workout! It was a 4x hill interval tempo run bright and early before the sun had even thought to come up! Some lessons I learned, 

One: NO you do not need to eat that extra cookie, scoop of peach cobbler, second scoop of ice cream and rice cakes with peanut butter and honey to "carb load" the night before. Haha I was just reading a really interesting article on the correlation of weight gain and marathoners in training. It's so easy to say oh a little extra here and there will help and wont hurt.... Did last night over indulgence hurt me? sadly my stomach was full and uncomfortable, I felt heavy and sluggish this morning..... At least I know now that It's better to eat balanced and not overcompensate...... if you do it could slow you down and well all know thats NO fun!! 

Two: Breathing..... Yikes! I'm pretty sure people in their houses could hear me breathing this morning! True I can run at a steady pace without becoming breathless, but hill repeats at 80% goodness I sounded like Darth Vader! haha I aksed my coach how to deal with this terrible problem. He suggested its not just a physical thing its also very mental.... realize you are running, running isn't you! haha that doesn't make any sense but it sounded alright in my head ahha!! GOTTA improve!  

Well now I am heading to work! 

My WorkOut ReCap: 

6x Hill Repeat @ Tempo (80%) This took about 30 mins including a warm-up and cool down.



If you want running friends.... pack mints (: 


This picture is smaller than the rest....probally because it was taken before 6am and I kinda look like well a crazy runner girl. 


Little walk after my crazy workout! 




I felt small in this room haha hi there!! 


GOOD MORNING FL!!



Why can't sprinkles be vitamins???? I think they make people feel better!! I mean I make a great point right?



well hello..... I have always known fashion was my thing haha!! 



The perfect breakfast..... PUFFINS is currently my favorite cereal as of this week!! 



What do you do when you get to work and realize you forgot your salad dressing....... huge bummer in my day... haha found some hot sauce lying around...... I guess it was an ok substitute (: 


The usual salad i'm going to have to get more creative with the toppings! 



green tea pick me up around 3..... it wasnt the same as my usually coffee.... but I felt healthy for drinking it haha! 


dinner. yes thats pasta spinach vegan meatballs and broccoli..... yeah


late night run to barnes and nobles for my runners world mag! 


whole foods for frozen mango chunks, almond milk 


what better way to ice sore legs and have desert at the same time.... genius I say! 




Until next time, xo







Archives